Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

          As I did my devotions today I was reminded of Corrie ten Boom. This name came up a number of times when I was at the Children's Ministries Institute®.  

         Corrie remembered a childhood conversation with her father, which took place years before she was imprisoned. In the conversation she asked her father how she would be able to bear it if she were ever to be persecuted for her faith or have to die. Her father responded by asking Corrie to think about the time that she received her train ticket when taking a trip. Was it before the trip? No. The conductor gave Corrie her boarding ticket just as she stepped onto the train.

         We need not worry. Whatever may come in our future, Jesus is already there with our ticket. He will give us what we need, just when we need it.
         As we pray for and trust God to provide for the financial support to begin our ministry in Hawaii, I was reminded that, just as Corrie received that ticket just as she stepped onto the train, so too, we will receive our ‘ticket’ for Hawaii at just the right time that God sees fit.

         I am so thankful that He is our Father and that He knows best, for He holds all things in His hands. As we pray, He continues to work in ways that we cannot even begin to comprehend. I am thankful that He continues to provide for all our needs even when I do not see how. I am thankful for His love and for His mercy. I am thankful for the blessing of an awesome wife who is always by my side to support me and our family. I am thankful for Mom and Keith and the blessing they have been to us. I am thankful for my in-laws and the support they provide. I am thankful for all the wonderful friendships that were gained during our training in Missouri. I am thankful for all our supporters and partners in ministry. I am thankful that in His time, by His grace, He will work all things out for His honour and His glory. An I am thankful for so much more, but most of all, I am thankful for the gift of His Son Jesus Christ, without Him I would never have understood, how wide and long and high and deep His love for me really is (Ephesians 3:18). 

May the Lord bless you guys always and may your Thanks Giving be as special and as blessed as you all are.

In His Love,
Ricardo & Kristin, Timothy and Annikah

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)


No comments:

Post a Comment