Saturday, June 11, 2011

First Support Letter

Dear Friends and Family,

We are writing to share some exciting news with you regarding an opportunity to share the message of the Gospel. This year, I have been offered a position of Local Director with Child Evangelism Fellowship of Hawaii. Prior to this, the Lord had impressed on my heart, as well as my wife Kristin, the desire for missions. The subject of mission kept being repeated at church, in our devotions and in my classes at Liberty University. I realized that God was speaking to me, so I sought an opportunity to get involved and this is when the ministry opportunity at Child Evangelism Fellowship® became available.  Child Evangelism Fellowship® also known as CEF® is a Bible-centered, worldwide organization that is dedicated to seeing every child reached with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, discipled and established in a local church. As a CEF Local Director, I will be responsible for the oversight and vision casting for the ministry of reaching and teaching children for Christ in Hawaii. I will also help develop resources and Christians necessary to carry out the ministry of CEF.

When you hear of Hawaii, you are probably thinking of  the natural beauty of Hawaii, its warm tropical climate and its inviting waters which make it a beautiful vacation spot that so many of us dream of visiting.  But “Why Hawaii?” you might ask.  “Aren’t they already reached?” It may seem that way but behind Hawaii’s natural beauty, there is spiritual darkness.  Hawaii has a population of approximately 1.2 million people. Of this population, 72% do not belong to Christianity and of the remaining 28%, probably only 2% genuinely profess faith in Christ. Kristin and I would like to be used of the Lord to actively share the Gospel to those in Hawaii who are hungry for truth, for love and for hope.
“How then can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who bring Good News!’”

The position of Local Director is a missionary position which requires us to raise our financial support and we cannot go without that support. For our departure, we are seeking support, both financially and in prayer. CEF needs us to raise $5,084 per month to make this opportunity possible. Will you step out in faith and partner with us and consider a monthly pledge of $50, $75, $100 or more to make our dream a reality? If you are unable to give, will you consider being a part of our prayer team so that you can earnestly pray for us? You would be sharing in the vision of CEF, Every Child, Every Nation, Every Day. There are so many kids who have not heard the Good News of Christ, and we will have the chance to share the message of His love as we give of our time and resources and gifts with which the Lord has blessed us. What a responsibility this is, but, also, what a privilege!

We appreciate your consideration of support. Included is a return envelope for your use. Please send checks to CEF of Hawaii, 1190 Dillingham Blvd. #4, Honolulu, HI  96817-4411 and either add a note or record on the memo line for account RH. Or, you may send an automatic bill payment if you wish to do that or you may send by Paypal. Go to and click on the donate button. Paypal donations can be either one time or repetitive. We sincerely appreciate your consideration, not only supporting us financially and/or in prayer, but also advancing the spread of the Gospel by partnering with us as full-time missionaries.
If you have any question about partnering with us as full-time missionaries to Hawaii, please feel free to contact us at (434) 316-8250 or (434) 221-3266 or send us an email at  We have also included a commitment card in which we would like you to return to us so that we know which area we are being supported in, whether prayer or financial. We will also use this to be praying for you as well. Thank you so much for your faithful prayers and financial support.

In His service,
Ricardo & Kristin Hosein

Psalm 96:1-3, 9-10 (NIV)
Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth. Sing to the LORD, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day.  Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples. Worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth.  Say among the nations, “The LORD reigns.”

No comments:

Post a Comment