Thursday, February 23, 2012

Leaning on the Lord

Aloha,

Sometimes it can be frustrating having to raise support for the ministry to which the Lord has called us. It takes a lot of time and effort to build and establish a missionary support team that last. It can also be disappointing when I try to do it on my own and select the individuals I think will support us. However, I am learning that I continually need to ask the Lord to bring to my mind the people He would have partner with us in ministry. As we all know, when God directs our steps we are sure to succeed and we are sure to not be disappointed with the outcome of circumstances.

"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving to all He has made" (Psalm 145:13).

While, it may be frustrating, I am finding greater joy in the Lord as I learn to lean on Him and trust Him all the more through this process. Walking by faith each day requires a greater dependence on the Lord and I am thankful that HE continues to draw me closer to Himself. Our ministry is totally and completely dependent on Him and not on anything we do.

I am so excited for the work in Hawaii and I know that the Lord will work all the details out in His time. I  am also thankful to serve the Lord in the ministry, seeing all the great things He is doing and will do.

 J. Hudson Taylor wrote:
"As a rule, prayer is answered and funds come in, but if we keep waiting, the spiritual blessing that is the outcome is far more precious than exemption from the trial."
 
My desire is that as I write these blogs and as I send you letters, emails and talk with you over the phone, that you would give yourselves to the Lord and if He so leads, partner with us to reach the children and the people of Hawaii, who are in desperate need of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Aloha
Ricardo





 

No comments:

Post a Comment