Tuesday, March 13, 2012

In His Time...not mine!

Aloha,

 We plan to leave in May 2012 and we only have 47% of our support left to raise to get to Hawaii, however, it is taking a longtime to move forward. This for me has been extremely frustrating as I pursue avenues for support to no avail 

Kristin and I are eager to get to Hawaii and we are excited to begin the ministry there, because there is such a great need. However, there are days when I am tempted to consider my call to missionary service, but I hear that still small voice reminding me that those are the days I step forward in faith that God has called me and my family into full-time ministry and that in His time HE WILL supply every need that we have.

I have realized that my frustrations are a result of my failure to fully rely on God. I am attempting to raise support on my own efforts and I am not fully committing it to the Lord. As the time draws nearer to moving, I have many concerns and frustrations, but I have committed it to the Lord and repented of my sin. I continue to pray, and I know He will provide, all in His time though...not mine!

 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment