Monday, April 16, 2012

God Can Use a 14 Year Old

 Below is a letter I received from a child in Hawaii...hope it encourages you as it did me. The (Child's name is not mentioned due to privacy).


Dear Mr. and Mrs. Hosein,

      I am 14 yrs old and I live in Hawaii.  Last year, I participated in CYIA and will be participating again this coming summer.  CYIA is one of the most meaningful things I have ever done in my entire life.  After all, learning the quadratic formula and how to graph an equation that takes the shape of a hyperbola (my current math) doesn’t always feel that important, but helping to save children from eternal damnation to hell is pretty significant if you ask me.

     Over the summer last year, I became more and more aware of how important the training we received at training camp was.  It helped us to deal with everything from knock-down-drag-out fights to children who did not want to do anything.  Since last summer, as you know, Uncle John and Aunty Di (that’s what all the kids here call Mr. and Mrs. Dekle) have retired and you guys along with Matt and Stacey Walton have been hired to take the Dekle’s place in training the summer missionaries.

     Last summer, I received a significant amount of funding from supporters.  During CYIA last summer, I began to wonder what I could do to help with funding your guy’s move out here.  I decided that I could donate a portion of my CYIA funds along with some money I had worked for over the summer.  I have sent a donation to the CEF Hawaii office to the amount of $311 to contribute to your fundraising efforts.


WOW!! What a blessing!! This is just a simple, yet powerful testimony of what your financial giving and prayerful support does. It allows hearts and lives to be impacted with the Gospel. Thus, lives are changed for the honour and glory of  our Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ.


Aloha,
Ricardo

No comments:

Post a Comment